- One of the keys to recording useful track data is setting the proper recording interval.
- Garmin Edge: Main Menu -> Settings -> Data Recording. Choose to record data points "Every Second."
- Garmin GPSMap 60: Main Menu -> Tracks -> Setup. Set interval to "Auto" and "More Often."
- Garmin eTrex: Same as GPSMap 60 instructions above.
- Try to ride all the trails in a system without backtracking if
possible. This may take some planning in advance but it results in a
much cleaner map.
- For stacked loop systems, ride each loop separately and start a new track for each loop.